It’s common knowledge by now: reviews from satisfied customers are the best advertising for your business. Before making a purchase, choosing the perfect hotel for the vacations and finding the best restaurant in the area, most of us inquire online and read reviews from those who have already tried a particular service.
Customers, according to scientific data, mostly choose products, services or companies recommended by other users.
According to a survey conducted by Dimensional Research, 90 percent of consumers are influenced by positive reviews when purchasing a product, while 72 percent consider online reviews as important as the opinions of friends and family.
Not just reputation: reviews also affect sales
Case study “GioiaPura”: the reviews on your e-commerce
The opinions left by customers on an online shop portal influence visitors to the site; knowing that there are other people who have purchased and have found the time to talk about it increases brand awareness and the reputation of the site.
The e-commerce site GioiaPura, an online jewelry store, has used the reviews left by customers to its advantage to:
- Demonstrate the reliability of the company to incentivize site visitors to proceed with a purchase
- Increase conversion rates and traffic to their e-commerce site
- Optimize the user experience on the site, using the information received from customers
+27% conversion rate
+106% campaign click-through rate
+60% organic website traffic
Kayak Adventures Worldwide” case study: Tripadvisor, Google My Business and Yelp
Kayak Adventures Worldwide is an agency that organizes tours and excursions: using email reminders and thank you notes, they began encouraging customers to write online reviews on various online portals. They also responded personally to customers who left negative reviews: responding politely and publicly to dissatisfied customers, while valuing their opinion, can generate positive feelings in the disgruntled customer.
Having used online reviews proactively has allowed Kayak Adventures Worldwide to stand out and grow its business. More than half of the people who booked in advance of the start of the season said they found the company through an online review site such as Tripadvisor, Google My Business, Facebook and Yelp.
How do you get customer reviews?
Online reviews are a great way to attract new customers, so steps are needed to encourage people to leave feedback.
- Ask. It seems trivial but few people do it: if a person has made a purchase, send an email to thank them for choosing your site and politely ask them to take the time to leave a review on the product or service they received.
- Offer something in return, such as sending a coupon to your customer as a thank you to reiterate the value to you of their feedback or review.
- Set up a newsletter campaign to prompt them to leave a review: you can set up an automated email, setting it up based on delivery times.
Online reviews can be a great way to gain exposure and receive free advertising. This is so that your business name and address appear on websites and platforms that post reviews, such as Google My Business, Facebook, Tripadvisor, and so on.
Do you value your customers’ reviews? Ask us for a no obligation consultation to improve your marketing strategy and online presence.
Do you liked this article?
on our Page
Pubblicato il 31 August 2021