The transition of stores to digital was already a growing process: the pandemic has further accelerated this digital transformation, giving a boost to even the most skeptical marketers. Competition has increased and the question then arises, “How do I distinguish myself from the many stores selling the same product as me?“
How do I evaluate the effectiveness of my e-commerce?
When you work with an e-commerce some details make the difference compared to other online activities and allow us to stand out from competitors: an excellent browsing experience by users, detailed product sheets and the ability to communicate and attract the interest of potential customers.
Here are a series of questions to ask yourself when thinking about your online store:
- Information. Do you provide enough product details? Are prices clear? Are ratings clearly visible?
- Personalization. Do you offer your customers the ability to customize their accounts and create favorites lists?
- Flexibility. How well do you accommodate customers’ needs? For example, are the one-day delivery option and free returns available? How many payment methods are there?
- Customer Support. When it comes to support, quality and availability are key. How many ways can customers contact you?
- Mobile experience. In recent months, time spent on mobile apps has increased by 20%. Is your website optimized for mobile? Have you designed a dedicated app?
OPTIMAL USER EXPERIENCE ON YOUR SITE
Follow our tips to improve the customer experience on your online store: from the information in the copy to customer safety on the site, let’s see together the elements that can’t be missed to ensure an exceptional user experience.
Complete product sheets
Products are fully described, with the price clearly indicated and with several pictures of the item.
Ratings and reviews on the website increase customer conversions and it is a good idea to make this information available.
Search options and product filters allow customers to find what they’re looking for within the site without hassle.
Customers can add, edit and delete items from their cart quickly and easily.
More payment methods
The site offers customers multiple payment options: services such as PayPal or Google Pay facilitate the payment process.
Shipping and returns
Offer your customers a choice of shipping options and offer free returns.
Ease of contact
Phone number and email address should be clearly stated and easy to find within the site.
Chat with customers
A live chat box allows users visiting the site to bring questions at any time.
Link your social media accounts to your site so customers can reach you in other ways.
Security and devices
Maximum security with the HTTPS protocol, all communications between your site and the browser are encrypted.
The loading speed of a site, especially on mobile devices, profoundly affects the user experience.
Optimized for mobile devices
Your site should be optimized for all devices: more and more people are researching and shopping from their phones.
Do you liked this article?
on our Page
Pubblicato il 17 February 2021